Saturday, March 30, 2013

Secret to Success: Jenni Konner


Jenni Konner — executive producer, Girls 

What's the best piece of advice you have ever received?
"My father, Larry Konner, is a screen and TV writer (now teacher, too!) and his advice has always been deeply pragmatic. He told me to write five pages a day. It doesn't matter if it takes five minutes or all day. It's a very manageable goal and tricks you into thinking you have a lot of freedom."

What's the one thing you do every day that is critical to your success?
"I cannot believe I'm actually saying this, but exercise has become critical to my days. I wasn't a person who exercised growing up or ever enjoyed it. I literally failed P.E. for so many semesters that I had to play every team sport senior year of high school. But I'm really a cultist now. I have found that when I exercise (for me it's Tracy Anderson all the way), it makes me better at every other aspect of my job. It's the time I can really shut my brain down and just enjoy myself. I've become so obsessed I'm going to rope in the crew and have Tracy classes before call time. Yes, I'm that insane."

Photo: Courtesy of HBO
Content: Courtesy of Refinery 29
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh what an awesome interview! I love that she exercises!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post!

    Brandy
    willbakeforshoes.com

    P.S. Since google reader might be going down I am following you on Bloglovin now. Come by and follow me too;)

    ReplyDelete