Sunday, March 17, 2013

Meet the Team: Megan Filipp






"You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~ Dr. Seuss

“[Fashion] is a testament of the social and cultural climate of the people who wear them,” Megan Filipp, G&E model for the mood shoots, said.

Filipp, who calls herself an international vagabond, grew up in North Carolina, Texas, Massachusetts, Virginia, Austria, Israel, and Italy as the daughter of a diplomat and a Special Forces soldier.  She had the role of modeling for the spring 2013 shoot, which she described as an amazing experience

“I immediately fell in love with the brand and the story behind it,” Filipp said.  “I am a romantic at heart so it definitely appealed to me from the get go.”

Filipp finds fashion inspiration from her daily work with multiple fashion publishers and reads a lot of fashion material in order to spot trends. 

“Fashion is an expression of an individual in a creative and external way,” said Filipp.  “I think it is critically important to express oneself in order to feel whole.”

Filipp, who is still trying to determine what her dream career is, would love to do something creatively-oriented in the future. 

“I have always loved beautiful things,” Filipp said.  “I actually studied art history because I wanted to understand the meaning behind some of the beautiful art that I coveted.”

While working with the G&E team for the spring 2013 shoot, Filipp had a whirlwind 48 hours that included many beautiful things that evolved into cherished memories.  She was transported to a “fairy-tale scene surrounded by flowers and dainty china”, walked through a sunflower patch in the Ohio countryside, flew in a vintage airplane, rode a beautiful horse named Bobby, walked the Brooklyn Bridge in a gorgeous gown, and filmed at a train station.

“I have incredible memories that I will remember forever thanks to Georgie and Elaine,” said Filipp.  “[I] am so lucky that they were not only captured in images and video but shared with some of the most amazing people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.”


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment