Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Oscar de la Renta Runway Accessories






All Photos by Matteo Volta.  Courtesy of elle.com
It's not secret that I have an affinity for Oscar de la Renta and everything he does.  I am particularly interested by his accessories from his Spring 2013 collection.  The large, statement floral pieces remind me of decorations that I would find in an antique store, and this isn't a bad thing.  They are elegant, but quirky.  That seems to be the theme and motif that De la Renta created this season.  He contradicts himself with understated statements.  The cutouts are a supreme example of this.  In the nude, metallic heel shoe, he uses the cutouts as extreme subtlety.  In the white strappy, cuffed heel, the cutouts are in-your-face.

 I smile when I look at images from De la Renta's shows.  But, my bias fortunately doesn't affect my ability to determine good style and taste.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. This is so so pretty! I need those nude pumps and that flower bracelet!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete