Tuesday, October 23, 2012

La Douleur Exquise



Sorry for not posting for a while.  I experienced a minor setback in my own search for unending love.  No worries though, because I am still moving forward in a positive direction.  My personal experience has left me with a new phrase though: La Douleur Exquise.

 It's French and isn't translatable into English.  It is basically the heart-wrenching pain of wanting someone that you can't have.  It is not the same as "unrequited love" because that describes a relationship state, but not a state of mind.  The phrase really defines the emotionally heartache, specifically of the one who's love is not being reciprocated.

How this isn't depressing, but I thought it just sounded so eloquent and beautiful.  It actually made me feel better knowing that there is a word that perfectly depicts how I am feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment